T. +52 55 9178 5090
Torre del Bosque
Blvd. Manuel Ávila Camacho 24, 21st floor
Lomas de Chapultepec
11000, Miguel Hidalgo
Mexico City, Mexico
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Bankruptcy / Restructuring
- Merger and Acquisitions
SANTIAGO ALESSIO ROBLES is a Partner at Sainz Abogados, S.C. He focuses his practice in corporate law, and is specialized in corporate reorganizations, restructurings, bankruptcy and cross-border insolvency procedures (in-court and out-of-court), and mergers & acquisitions, as well as representing several domestic and foreign clients in mining and aviation law and regulation in Mexico. Furthermore, he has advised several clients in arbitration procedures as advisor of a party.
- Currently represents Unifin Financiera, S.A.B. de C.V., and certain of its subsidiaries in its restructuring process.
- Currently represents adhoc committees of creditors in the restructuring processes of AlphaCredit Capital, S.A. de C.V., and Credito Real, S.A.B. de C.V.
- Represented Grupo Aeroméxico, S.A.B. de C.V., and some of its subsidiaries, in the in-court financial and operative restructuring, through a Chapter 11 proceeding before the Bankruptcy Court of the South District of New York, United States of America, and currently continues to represent such Group on the implementation of several corporate and regulatory actions as part of its Restructuring Plan.
- Restructuring carried out through a concurso proceeding, actively participating in the DIP Financing for US$215 million, as well as Grupo ICA’s successful exiting from the concurso proceeding restructuring consolidated debt of $65 thousand million pesos. Advised Grupo ICA in its out-of-court corporate restructuring and in-court financial
- Advised the ad-hoc committee of U.S. noteholders in the cross-border insolvency procedure, refinancing, issuance of new note and sale of Satmex, a satellite company.
- Advised on the analysis of financial, securities and regulatory issues involved in cross-border insolvency procedures of various companies, including Comerci, GEO, Urbi and Homex.
- Advised the out-of-court refinancing and restructuring proceedings of Sare and Copamex insolvency procedures;
- Continuously representing Isolux de México on its restructuring proceeding, out-of-court as well as its current Mexican concurso proceeding;
- Advised in the analysis of the legal structure to implement various M&A deals and contractual matters in the gaming industry.
- Advised for the implementation complex structures regarding the patrimonial control of tourist developments in the State of Quintana Roo, as well as on certain real estate transactions related to various foreign and local developers in Mexico.
- Represented several clients and organizations in pro-bono matters.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Chambers & Partners Latin America 2022 / Bankruptcy & Restructuring, “Up and Coming”
- Chambers & Partners Latin America 2022 / Bankruptcy & Restructuring, “Up and coming”
- The Legal 500, Latin America: Bankruptcy / Restructuring, 2022, “Next Generation Partner”
- The Legal 500, Latin America: Bankruptcy / Restructuring, 2019.
- Deal Maker of the year 2019, Finance Monthly, por la reestructura de Grupo ICA.
- Aviation Law advisory Firm of the Year 2010, de Corporate INTL Global Awards.
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), JD, Mexico City, 2011.
- Universidad Panamericana, Commercial Law Specialty Certificate (Postgraduate), Mexico City, 2012.
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mergers and Acquisitions Certificate (Postgraduate), Mexico City, 2014.
- Universidad Panamericana, LL.M., on Economical Law, Mexico City, 2017.
- Escuela Libre de Derecho, Bankruptcy Law Certification (postgraduate), Mexico City, 2018.
MEMBERSHIPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Secretary of the Bankruptcy Law Commission of the Mexican Lawyers’ Bar (Barra Mexicana de Abogados), 2019 to date.
- Legal advisor of the Board of Directors and Partners of several non-profitable entities, including: Ixim, A.C.; FM4 Paso Libre, A.C.; Hospitalidad y Solidaridad, A.C.; Sanando Heridas, A.C.; Vinculación Social, A.C., and Asociación de Emprendedores, A.C. – 2011 to date.
- Acted as Secretary of the Board of Directors of Un Techo para Mi País México, A.C. (from 2012-2015), and currently advises said entity under pro-bono.
- Acted as Law deputy professor at Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), course of Commercial Law. Head Professor, Xavier Mangino Dueñas.