T. +52 55 9178 4566 / M. +52 55 1006 4331
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Corporate Restructuring
- Restructuring and Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Financial Services
- Regulatory Compliance and Corporate Governance
RODRIGO GUAIDA joined the Firm in 2010 and was named Partner in 2021. His practice focuses on Restructuring, Commercial and Financial Law. He has represented domestic and foreign clients, as creditors or debtors, in various cross-border restructuring matters, in or out-of insolvency proceedings, with or without a restructuring plan. Also in various mergers and acquisitions matters, as well as complex corporate restructurings. He advises on Corporate Governance, Investigations and Regulatory Compliance matters.
He has also represented financial institutions and corporate debtors in connection with the application of financing and the creation and implementation of complex security structures over assets located in Mexico and abroad. He has mediated and negotiated various corporate (shareholder disputes) and commercial disputes on behalf of Mexican and foreign clients.
- Advises clients in various industries on financial and regulatory matters in connection with domestic and international insolvency and restructuring proceedings.
- Represents foreign public and private companies in their association with Mexican and foreign investors.
- Has represented U.S. ad-hoc committees of debt holders in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented the ad-hoc committee of foreign creditors in the restructuring of Satmex in 2011, including the issuance of a new note, and the merger and acquisition transaction implemented in 2013.
- Advises on the analysis of financial, securities and regulatory matters with respect to cross-border restructuring matters of various companies, including Comerci, GEO and Homex.
- Advises clients on liability restructuring matters, both in Mexico and the United States, such as M&G Mexico and Grupo Aeromexico, among others.
- Advises clients in the formation of investment funds.
- Certification in Regulatory Compliance by Legal Ethics Compliance (LEC), 2021. See in: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H0wPkXej_OmoEOoqFuUNYyeyUvdweNjb?usp=sharing
- Universidad Panamericana, Specialization in Commercial Law.
- Certificate in Business Administration, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, 2016.
- Pritzker School of Law, Northwestern University, Master of Laws (LL.M.), 2016.
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Law Degree (J.D.) Mexico City, 2011.
MEMBERSHIPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- During 2016-2017 worked as a foreign associate in the New York office of Paul Hastings LLP.