T. +52 9178 5052 Ext. 133
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Tax Consultancy
- Corporate Tax Consultancy
- Wealth Advisory
José Luis Rodríguez joined Sainz Abogados in 2022 as a partner in the Tax Consultancy area.
He specializes in tax matters in the areas of patrimonial, transactional, public issuance, corporate restructuring and tax compliance. During the last 20 years, his practice has focused on tax and corporate advisory for private and public, national and international companies, including those listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV). He has also counseled individuals and family offices on tax and patrimonial matters.
He has been a professor in tax matters at Universidad Iberoamericana (UIA) and Universidad del Valle de México (UVM), as well as the author of several articles on tax matters published for tax specialists and international publications.
- He has participated in the tax advisory of issuances and placements of development capital certificates for strategic infrastructure, debt, and real estate projects
- He has supported clients from different sectors (banking, distribution, real estate, among others) in dispute resolution processes before the Procuraduría de la Defensa del Contribuyente (PRODECON).
- Participated in the divestiture process between KUO Automotriz and CIE Berriz, completed in 2010.
- Participated in the initial phase of the Supervía Poniente investment project between OHL and Copri.
- Provided tax advice in the divestment process of Grupo Azvi-Cointer in Concesionaria de Autopistas de Michoacán.
- Participated in the tax structuring of Softbank's investment in GBM in 2022.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Accounting, Universidad Anáhuac, Campus Estado de México (2000).
MEMBERSHIPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Member of the Tax Investigation Commission of the Colegio de Contadores Públicos de México, A.C. (Mexican Association of Public Accountants).
- Has been a professor of Corporate Taxes in the Public Accounting degree program, Universidad Iberoamericana.
- He has been a professor of the modules of national and international taxation in the Master's Degree in Sports Administration and Sports Entities, Universidad del Valle de México.