AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
Federico Villela focuses his practice in civil and commercial litigation, and arbitration. He has more than 15 years of experience providing legal advice and representation to Mexican and international companies in civil, commercial and arbitration litigation and disputes, mainly in insolvency proceedings (concursos), financing, minority rights, shareholder and contractual disputes. He has also designed and implemented different legal and procedural strategies on behalf of Mexican and international companies in local and federal lawsuits, as well as in private out-of-court proceedings.
He also has experience in family disputes, advising clients in succession and divorce proceedings, among others.
- Represents Ci Banco, S.A., in various legal proceedings regarding contractual disputes.
- Represents El Puerto de Liverpool, as well as its affiliates and subsidiaries, in various legal proceedings regarding contractual disputes.
- Represents Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) in various judicial proceedings, both civil and commercial, in connection with contractual disputes.
- Represented MRP Group in various civil and commercial judicial proceedings in connection with contractual disputes.
- Represented a minority group of shareholders in the sale of shares of 5M2 Holding, S.A.P.I. de C.V. (Grupo Expansión).
- Advised Ingenieros Civiles Asociados (ICA) in several legal proceedings derived from public and private infrastructure projects, as well as in corporate conflicts.
- Advised FCC Construcción (Mexico) and CAABSA in several legal proceedings regarding conflicts derived from public and private infrastructure projects.
- Diploma in Commercial and International Arbitration from the Escuela Libre de Derecho and the ICC (Mexico City, 2021).
- Post graduate in Civil and Commercial Procedural Law from the Universidad Panamericana, (Mexico City, 2017).
- Post graduate in Commercial Law from the Escuela Libre de Derecho, (Mexico City, 2015).
- Law degree (J.D.) from the Universidad Iberoamericana (Mexico City, 2012).
MEMBERSHIPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Associate at Kavanagh Gorozpe from 2020 to 2022.
- Law Clerk and Associate at Cervantes Sainz from 2010 to 2020.