T. +52 55 9178 4057
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Commercial, civil, constitutional and administrative litigation
- Commercial arbitration
Estefanía Sierra has more than 15 years of experience in the areas of Litigation, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution. She specializes in complex civil, commercial and administrative litigation, as well as arbitration, participating in the resolution of contractual disputes, shareholder conflicts, insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings, disputes related to energy law, public procurement controversies with and against local and federal governments, lawsuits related to accidents and civil liability, state patrimonial liability, and cross-border litigation. She has advised and represented private and public companies, international funds, insurance companies, banks, construction companies, metallurgical companies, energy companies, the Federal Government, as well as corporate officers and directors. She has also successfully participated in amparo proceedings against governmental expropriations, legal reforms, administrative acts and judicial resolutions.
- Represents the bondholders in the insolvency proceedings (concurso mercantil) of Oro Negro, coordinating multiple litigations in New York, Singapore, Norway and Mexico.
- Represents CFEnergía in several arbitration and amparo proceedings related to the construction, suspension of activities and operation of the Mexican Gas Pipelines.
- Successfully represented CARSO, ICA and Alstom in the controversy against the Mexico City government related with the construction of Line 12 of the Mexico City’s subway.
- Represented Tata Consultancy Services in several complex commercial and civil litigations, including multi-million dollar frauds against the company.
- She has obtained favorable resolutions in several amparos and administrative disputes against resolutions issued by local and federal authorities.
- She has obtained favorable resolutions in several civil liability lawsuits, filed both in Mexico City and Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.
- She has obtained successful resolutions in several state liability matters before the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation and Administrative Collegiate Courts, including accidents involving Federal Government aircrafts.
- She has participated in multiple insolvency proceedings representing banks, bail bond companies and private companies, such as the insolvency and restructuring of Ingenio Nuevo San Francisco, Cía. Arrocera Covadonga, among others.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), specifically in International Dispute Resolution, from King's College London (United Kingdom, 2018).
- Law degree (J.D.) from Escuela Libre de Derecho (Mexico City, 2012).
MEMBERSHIPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- She has been recognized by The Legal 500, as "Latin America, Rising Star in Litigation".
- She is an active member of Young ITA, International Bar Association and ICC YAAF.