T. +52 55 9178 5090
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Tax Litigation
- Tax Dispute Resolution
- Tax Consulting
ERNESTO CASTAÑEDA is a leading partner of the Firm's Litigation and Tax Consulting practice. His professional experience is mainly focused on administrative and tax litigation in different sectors, representing domestic and foreign clients, as well as in the implementation of alternative means for the resolution of controversies.
He has 16 years of experience advising clients in proceedings initiated by local and federal tax authorities in connection with compliance with their tax obligations. He worked 15 years at Chevez Ruiz Zamarripa before joining Sainz Abogados.
- He has successfully designed and implemented the defense strategy of several companies from different sectors (financial, pharmaceutical, technology, mining, hydrocarbons, services, among others) against actions of federal and local tax authorities.
- Participated in the group of advisors that represented Grupo Aeroméxico in its cross-border restructuring proceeding under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Participated in the group of advisors representing the ad-hoc committee of bondholders in the cross-border restructuring procedure of AlphaCredit.
- Master in Tax Law (LL.M.), Universidad Panamericana, 2012.
- Post-graduate studies in Energy Law at Escuela Libre de Derecho.
- Law Degree (J.D.), Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico City (2006).
MEMBERSHIPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Daniel is a member of the National Association of Corporate Lawyers and its Tax Law Committee.
- From 2012 to 2019, he was Tax Law Professor at Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Campus Santa Fe.