T. +52 55 9178 5073
M. +52 55 1081 5240
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Commercial and Administrative Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring Litigation
- Constitutional Litigation (Amparos)
DANIEL DÍAZ leads the Administrative and Commercial Litigation Practice at Sainz Abogados, S.C. For more than 19 years, Daniel has specialized in complex Commercial Litigation, Bankruptcy (concursos mercantiles), Shareholders’ Conflicts, Public Work Disputes with and against local and federal governments, as well as lawsuits related to accidents, civil liability, and liability of the State.
During this time, Daniel has advised companies of all sizes in various domestic and cross-border litigation matters. He has represented insurance companies, banks, construction companies, metallurgists, energy companies, and the Federal government, as well as officials and corporate directors. Likewise, he has successfully participated in both amparo lawsuits against government expropriations and arbitration proceedings before international courts.
- Represents the bondholders in the Oro Negro concurso proceeding, coordinating multiple disputes in New York, Singapore, Norway, and Mexico.
- Successfully represented Grupo Carso, ICA and Alstom in a dispute against the Mexico City Government concerning the construction of Line 12 of the Mexico City metro.
- Obtained successful resolutions in various matters of financial liability against the State before the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation and Administrative Collegiate Courts, including cases involving aircraft accidents of the Federal government.
- Represents CFEnergía in various amparo lawsuits related to the construction, suspension of activities, and operation of the Mexican gas pipelines.
- Participated in multiple bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings representing banks, securities companies, and corporations (e.g., Homex, Urbi, Ingenio Nuevo San Francisco, Arrocera Covadonga, Mexicana de Aviación, and WCAP Holding).
- Represented Tata Consultancy Services in complex commercial and civil litigation, including a multimillion-dollar fraud suit against the company.
- Georgetown University Law Center. LL.M. in International Legal Studies, Washington, D.C., 2005.
- Escuela Libre de Derecho. J.D., 2001.
MEMBERSHIPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
Daniel has been a professor of commercial law at the Escuela Libre de Derecho (Mexico City) and has participated as a panelist in various conferences concerning bankruptcy proceedings and commercial and civil litigation.