T. +52 55 9178 5072
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Restructuring and Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Financing, Refinancing and Sale and Purchase of Distressed Assets
GABRIELA AVENDAÑO joined the firm in 2009 and has been a partner since 2023. She has more than 15 years of professional experience and her practice focuses on insolvency, restructuring and bankruptcy, as well as corporate reorganizations, sale and purchase of distressed assets and financing matters, representing clients from various industries, domestic and foreign, creditors and debtors. She has participated in numerous complex cross-border restructuring matters, including insolvency and restructuring proceedings under Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code with respect to Mexican debtors.
- Currently represents the ad hoc committee of foreign creditors in the restructuring proceedings of Crédito Real, S.A.B. de C.V.
- She represents the ad hoc committee of bondholders in the cross-border insolvency proceedings of Oro Negro.
- Represented Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V., and certain of its subsidiaries, in the restructuring of its financial and operating liabilities, through a proceeding before the Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of New York, United States of America.
- Represented Grupo ICA in its corporate and financial restructuring carried out in and out of bankruptcy, participating in the emergency financing for US$215 million dollars, as well as successfully restructuring consolidated liabilities for $65 billion pesos in bankruptcy.
- Represented the ad hoc committee of bondholders in the insolvency and/or cross-border restructuring proceedings of Satmex, Comercial Mexicana, Corporación Durango, Cementos Chihuahua, Hipotecaria Su Casita, Oceanografía, Maxcom, Perforadora Latina, Geo, Homex, Idesa, among others.
- Represented several creditors in the insolvency and cross-border insolvency proceedings of Compañía Mexicana de Aviación.
- She has participated in multiple transactional procedures, mergers & acquisitions, financings and corporate reorganizations.
- Law Degree (J.D.) from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM).
- Master of Laws (LL.M) from the University of Virginia.
MEMBERSHIPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- International Associate at Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP, in New York, NY (2008 -2009).