T. +52 55 9178 5059
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Labor and Employment
- Social Security
ALEJANDRO NILA is Partner at the Firm and Head of the Labor Law Department. He focuses his practice in the areas of Planning, Consultancy, Labor Strategies -both individual and collective, Social Security, and the implementation of the Federal Labor Law and its regulatory provisions.
Alejandro has over 25 years of experience in Labor Law, representing the interests of national and foreign companies. He counsels clients in their negotiations with unions related with different collective labor matters. He advises and represents multinational companies regarding the implementation of labor and employment best practices. He also has great expertise in Labor Law Litigation.
Alejandro’s clients include Fortune 500 multinational companies in the aviation, mining, services, maquiladora, financial and energy industries.
- He has negotiated collective labor agreements in the aviation and mining industries, and handled the settlement of collective bargaining disputes.
- Alejandro has provided defense in contentious administrative proceedings initiated by the Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS) against companies.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- The Legal 500 Latin America: Labour and Employment (2010–2020).
- Chambers Latin America: Labour and Employment (2010-2019).
- Best Lawyers (2020).
- Barra Mexicana de Abogados (BMA). Postgraduate studies in contracts, Mexico City, 2005.
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). Postgraduate studies in corporate law, Mexico City, 2003.
- University of Houston, Law Center. Master´s Degree (L.L.M.) in American Law and International Trade, Houston, 1999.
- Universidad Panamericana (UP). Postgraduate studies in labor law in Mexico City, 1997.
- Universidad Anáhuac. Law Degree (J.D.), Mexico City, 1995.
MEMBERSHIPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Mexican Bar Association.
- University of Houston Law Association.